Even at the gym, where I'll try nearly anything, you are not going to get me to run. It only took hyperventilating once in the 300 yrd dash for me to determine that is not natural. President's Council my aaaa....*****
Like you, I did a lot of planning -- that is, I actually listed 30 topics, and I had to pre-schedule some. There were a couple of hard-training weekends, where I wrote a few in a day and laid them out. Some turned out to be bigger than I had time for, so they will show up later. I don't want to give them away now. Others I just found the meat in after the title:
- The fact that U of NM's yearbook used to be called The Swastika
- Peter the Great's cabinet full of dead animals in party clothes
- Squire Friddell, the Toyota Salesman for Life
- Kids Who Climb on Rocks. (seriously, I had nothin after that - I found myself singing the Armour Hot Dog song, and thought -- how is that a category of kid? And... who eats Armour hot dogs? ew)
- A pile of repressed 70s memories topics you'll see later on
- And another attempt at the oldest unfinished essay in my draft pile -- 2007's The Hungry Gospel, which attempts to reconcile why The Gospel of John has no Last Supper in it.
Lessons learned from this Marathon are that you may be more surprised than anyone when you kick it at the end and break the tape, even if you soil yourself in the attempt.
I will not be here tomorrow. I can promise you that. I am not gone forever. But Miss Bender is behind on her filing.