Friday, November 12, 2010

NaBlo Checkpoint

Project status: 25% completed.  Constraints - many.  Risks -- pffft.

I didn't think it would happen so soon.  But eventually, and at least once during National Blog Post Month, you should have expected that I would go fishing for an idea.  I am away from the computer today -- that is, away from work -- so yesterday I went trolling for topics.

On the NaBlo website, we call these prompts.  It is not cheating to reference the prompts to generate a essay.  It is probably cheating to answer them like a quiz. 

How would your life change if you didn't have rent or a mortgage to pay, i.e., if your housing was free?
Now already I am confused.  Does this presume that I would still live in my same free house, or do I get to live anywhere?  Because I... Just Adore a Pent..House View....  If my housing were free, wouldn't I live anywhere I want? I think this means I don't have to spend money on housing.  I would probably bank it.  I am that boring.

Tell us the story of a piece of jewelry you own. Where did it come from, and what does it mean to you?
The sentimental value of your jewelry is directly proportionate to the likelihood that you will lose it.  I stopped wearing jewelry a long time ago, but just this week I wore my pearls, which always seem to make people comment that I have had my hair done. 

Describe the plot of the next book you want to read, even if the book doesn't exist yet.  I think I should finally read The Red Tent, shouldn't I?

Would you rather be wealthy and ugly, wise and sickly, or beautiful and stupid?  Wealthy and ugly.  Then no one cares if you are beautiful OR stupid.

What would your dream home/apartment/condo/yurt look like? Where would it be? Who'd live in it with you?  Again with the housing questions?  Is NaBlo run by a realtor?  Bloggers love the word yurt.  Go ahead and Bloogle it.  See if I am lying.

What was your favorite song this year? Five years ago? Ten years ago? Twenty?  Here is where I admit I no longer listen to current music.  On the advice of a friend who also doesn't listen to popular music, I created a Lady GaGa station on Pandora and I still can't tell these women apart.  We might have to go back 20 years to find a "fave of this year."  It is 1990 (dear lord - was that 20 years ago?) and I was in the throes of a Blond Ambition.  You think you know a person, don't you? 

What do you *really* wish you were doing right now, and how soon do you think you can make it happen?  I have dreams that are easily achieved.  I would like to be sleeping right now, and intend to apply myself to it.

1 comment:

  1. I love November!! It is when I get to read and learn more about you every day!! Thanks for these great posts. The prompts which you answered are all quite interesting. As for the "free" housing - except for maintenance issues, mine is free and I'm STILL living in the same place 8 years after the mortgage was paid off. It's easier than moving - even if I could find different free housing! M

    ReplyDelete

Comments Build Community! We thank you for yours. Spam comments are not welcome and will not be posted.