Monday, May 5, 2008

B-I-N-G-O


Added another chip to my Big Divas scorecard this week with Dolly Parton at the Boston Opera House. I see I still have a long way to go, and these girls ain't gettin' no younger. If I can score Babs, I think I have a circle-Bingo, which must be worth something. The price of Babs tickets, one can hope.

I have seen Linda Eder, the working man's Barbra, and in the round. So who needs Caesar's Palace?

By the way, that is Jim Bailey as Judy Garland on that top row. I am old, but not that old. Now, I did see Sonny & Cher in 1971 and it sort of counts, but she was only sassy then, not yet FIERCE. So I didn't mark it.

I was once on a plane with Miss Patti LaBelle. Like Dolly, she is all heels-n-hair, and very approachable. Thankfully, none of us in line said, "Voulez vous coucher avec moi."

I am actually afraid of Eartha Kitt (creepy puppet) and Diana Ross (insane robot), but if you had tickets, I would shriek like a drag queen.

For more on Dolly, manager of the year, check out my man Jay on HR Cleanup.

So you know I give equal time, I also have this Bingo card:


It's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Build Community! We thank you for yours. Spam comments are not welcome and will not be posted.