Monday, March 24, 2008

True Story

And not one I'm proud of in a human sense. Only in a "Damn, she's quick" sense. And you know I truly am.

So my co-worker/friend says, "have a nice Easter," "yeh, you," "yeh," and she says, "My kids don't really believe in the Easter Bunny any more." And I say, "Well, do they still believe in Jesus? "

So much for my commitment to patience this year. I should have checked the calendar before I decided to embrace a new emotional demeanor.


This is not the photo line the kids at the mall were standing in. I had a much longer screed about that, but I decided it would upset my parents, all of whom read this blog.

If your service had a basket blessing ceremony, please don't tell me about it. I strictly can not handle that information. I also can't handle these people, but they are not confused about what they are commemorating. You definitely don't line up at the mall to take your photo with that.

2 comments:

  1. So my co-worker/friend says, "have a nice Easter," "yeh, you," "yeh," and she says, "My kids don't really believe in the Easter Bunny any more." And I say, "Well, do they still believe in Jesus? "

    PRICELESS

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you don't have to be Christian to celebrate Easter. Easter, like Christmas were holidays celebrated long before the Christian religion was formed. Things like easter eggs and easter bunnies are leftovers from the pre-christian holiday Eostre or Ostara, which is essentially a holiday celebrating the arrival of spring and fertility. Christian church adopted a lot of pagan practices to help convert the people to their religion and I think today people often relate to the holidays as seasonal celebrations, but don't necessarily believe in the church teachings. I don't see anything wrong with it, I think we could use more easter bunnies to be truthful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Build Community! We thank you for yours. Spam comments are not welcome and will not be posted.