Friday, September 15, 2006

Hey There

I purchased the Sony CD changer for 2 reasons, and the lesser of the two was to get rid of CD racks and jewlcases 4-eva. The greater reason was because it allows you to categorize (oh, sweet list making) your discs and then play them by category. You can also play the whole crazy collection, on shuffle, and enjoy the randomization that puts Tory Amos right after Robert Goulet.

What I have observed, sitting here for the past 2 hours listening to showtunes while updating the website, is that I own enough covers of "Hey There," that it plays about every 5th song. I can't itemize which versions they are, but it's not because you are not worth the drawing-in. It is because the changer is downstairs, and because (remember) I got rid of the jewelcases. But I am fingertips away from allmusic.com.

"The most comprehensive music reference source on the planet" (their copy) lists 194 versions, but most of them are Rosemary Clooney, and hers is still the best.

There is a Kathie Lee Gifford version. She can make anything sound like the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. And I don't mean that in a good way. It's like she doesn't really know what the lyrics are; she just likes to sound BIG. In 4 notes.

Better forget her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Build Community! We thank you for yours. Spam comments are not welcome and will not be posted.