Thursday, November 1, 2007

How I Managed to Blow NaBloPoMo on the First Day

It's called National Blog Posting Month -- correction: it is CALLED NaBloPoMo. It is NAMED National Blog Posting Month. A simple premise: commit to posting every day. And I blew it.

I also fake my updates, in case you haven't caught on through the miracle of Google Reader, but this is dated Nov 1 and it is Nov 3. So I already blew it. It wasn't hard to blow it. I simply missed posting every day by the 3rd day.

Truth is, I thought I was farther behind than I was, because I forgot I had posted the Offermatica picture on Thursday, smack dab in the middle of the workday. (A girl could lose a finger!)


So that pressure is off, and now that I have removed both the goal and the ambition, I probably will manage to post every day , since I have taken my life back through the miracle of the 4 game sweep.

Please enjoy... list of things I did with my evenings this past week without baseball.
Monday - Ya kiddin' me? went to bed

Tuesday - Propped myself with a book I ended up hating and watched a movie instead. My rule on books is that I will give you a hundred pages, but life is too short to read bad books. If you can't keep me to page 101, you go right across the room. Or, you get skimmed, which is the equivalent of watching a movie on FFwd, both of which I do. (and plenty. but more on Ted Turner's Gettysburg at another time. I won't give too much away, but it's the world's slowest bloodbath. Don't ask Virginians about Pickett. We still bite our knuckles over it.)

Wednesday - Recording for the Blind, where I was completely bested for the first time in 11 years by my assignment. I need to blog about that separately too. See how I can easily do this every day if you don't make me?

Thursday - drinks with an exiting work-buddy. The going away parties at the Local are starting to stack up on each other, and it gets kind of awkward when you walk in for one person's bash, and other people are there thinking you are coming to their bash. But you weren't. Until now.

Friday - Dinner and a show with the Tarletons. I love dating married couples. Especially when they are boys and let me order first.

Don't count me in the Blog Post ring. But I'll try to give you plenty to explore through the week.

Next time: reading the Phonetic Alphabet and hunting down the borrower who wants you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Build Community! We thank you for yours. Spam comments are not welcome and will not be posted.